Guidelines for Participation
July 25, 2020
Maroa-Forsyth High School
- Prom is for MFHS Juniors and Seniors but underclass students can attend if invited by an upperclassman. Students may invite a student from another school, but must turn in an approval form from Mr. Stewart. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form.
- Prom Coronation will be at 6:30 in HS Cafeteria. Google Form will be emailed to members of the Class of 2020 and 2021 to vote for Prom King and Queen. Members of the Prom court will be allowed to bring 4 guests to coronation. Only invited guests can attend the coronation and doors will open at 6:00.
- Pairs of students will be assigned parking spots in the MFHS parking lot.
- Students will be able to decorate their parking spots the day of prom. All setup and decorating should be completed by 5:00. All Items in parking spots should be cleared out by the end of the night
- Tents, tables and chairs can be placed in the parking spots; the school will provide chairs for anyone who needs them..
- Parking spots will be assigned by the school and they will be spaced out to encourage social distancing.
- Only 2 students are allowed in a parking spot. –The students will not be placed in spots directly next to each other. There will be a spot between students where they will park their cars to separate them. Students will also not be placed in spots that back up to each other.
- Students should arrive at MFHS and go to their assigned spots at 6:30
- Meals will be served to all students at 7:00 in their parking spots. No outside food or drinks are allowed. All food, condiments, and utensils will be provided in individually packed box meals. Everything will be disposable including drinks. Students will be able to choose between two different meals.
- Option 1 - Pulled Pork
- Option 2 - Grilled Chicken
- Both options come with green beans, twice baked potato casserole, and a desert. Drinks will also be provided.
- Students need to sign up for prom by July 10th at this link, https://bit.ly/31l6uB2.
- There will be a DJ provided to play music throughout the night
- Instead of a Grand March, at 7:45 we will open the parking lot up to the public to drive through and see the students.
- Students will move to the Football field for social distance dancing at 9:00
- Students who wish to dance will be spread out on the FB field 6 feet apart from each other and given the opportunity to dance.
- At 9:45 post prom will be providing a comedian on the football field to entertain the students.. Students will sit on the football field during this time and are encouraged to bring their chairs from the parking lot to use.
- 10:30 will be the conclusion of the evening.
- The school will be open during the evening for students to use the restroom. They will also be able to use the school if they wish to change clothes during the evening. The number of students in the school at one time will be limited.
- There will be no cost, this will be a FREE event for the students!!