Maroa-Forsyth High School recognized as performing in the top 10% of high schools in the state of Illinois.
We are pleased to announce that Maroa-Forsyth High School has earned an Exemplary Designation on this year's Illinois Report Card. Schools receiving this honor are being recognized as performing in the top 10% of high schools in the state of Illinois. We are extremely proud of the Exemplary Designation as it is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff, students, and the community over the past few years. The Maroa-Forsyth community has come together to provide our students with the best learning environment possible in these unprecedented times.
The Exemplary Designation was a group effort so I wanted to share a few thank yous.
- To our students, both past and present, for staying committed to your education and adapting to the frequently changing circumstances.
- To all the teachers who taught students in person and virtually. Your creativity and hard work inspired our students to achieve excellence in a different learning environment.
- High School office staff (Niki Young, Heather Vance and Tina Leach) for keeping everything running smoothly and keeping everyone informed of the past few years.
- Ms. Goodwin and Mr. Holthaus for helping students with their educational and emotional needs.
- Our teachers aides and support staff who have helped our students who struggled in classes get caught up and improve their grades.
- Our lunchroom workers who provided meals to our students on a daily basis regardless if we were in school.
- Our Head of Maintenance Keith Garner and our custodians (Michael Riley, Steven Haws, Will Yuenger, Tim Mullins, Janet Peasley, and Wes Weikle) for taking care of our buildings and grounds allowing our students to attend in person.
- The transportation team for getting our students to school safely on a daily basis and for your flexibility when we are short drivers.
- The Maroa-Forsyth nurses for doing everything you could to keep kids healthy and at school in person.
- The administrative team for all the time and effort you put into making Maroa-Forsyth School District a great place to work, live, and attend school.
- The school board members, both past and present, for helping ensure our students were in school and in the best possible learning environment. Many tough decisions were made and we thank you for stepping up and making those decisions.
- And finally, thank you to the Maroa-Forsyth community for supporting the high school students and staff over the past few years and for helping us be successful. It is truly an honor to work and live in this school district!!
Congratulations to everyone for achieving placement in the top 10% of all high schools. IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A TROJAN!