The main fundraiser of the sophomore class is varsity football concessions.
It is important that every member of the sophomore class works their scheduled time to make this fundraiser a success. I understand that some members of the class are involved with the varsity football team, cheer team, dance team, and band. HOWEVER, this does not mean that you cannot fulfill your obligations to your “sophomore class team.” The money you earn on concessions will be used for Prom (your junior year) and senior trip (senior year). [Otherwise, if you don’t work hard sophomore year and earn enough money, prom tickets will be more expensive and the cost of senior trip for each student will be greater.]
Please read the following to understand how we will work together to make this a successful concession season:
- PLEASE address any/all questions concerning the schedule to Ms. Griffith
- For concessions to run smoothly, we need 10 students and 6 parents (two on the grill, four on the window) to work each shift
- If you are a student directly involved with the game (varsity football players, cheerleaders, dance team members, and band members) you need a parent to work the shift (1 replacement per family, if needed).
- If you cannot work your scheduled time, you need to find a replacement. Anyone high school age sophomore or older may work for you. It is not Ms. Griffith’s responsibility to find a replacement for you. You need to let Ms. Griffith know by 3:00 p.m. on Friday (game day) if a replacement will be working for you OR if you have traded a shift with another worker.
- If you are scheduled to work the 1st shift, please arrive by 5:30. We need everyone “ready to go” as gates will open at 6:00 p.m. Grillers need to have grills going and grilling BY 5:15.
- When you arrive, check in with Ms. Griffith. I will be keeping track of attendance.
- You will/have received a Remind handout. It is your responsibility to sign up to receive reminders for your scheduled work dates/times.
- Our work stations for students are: popcorn, nachos, pretzels, pizza, hot drinks, sandwiches, and runners. If you have a preference as to what station you work, it will be on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE, FACE-TO-FACE conversation with Ms. Griffith BY 3:00 p.m. on game night.
- The regular season home games are: August 24, September 7, September 14, September 21 and October 12. Post season play is possible. I have included a schedule for the FIRST potential post-season home games we could host.